Re: Downloadable content

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  - Who'd be willing to help spec this?

I'm happy to take this.

>  - How much work do we expect this to be?

I expect it to be a project in itself, in the 4-6 week range,
depending on how fancy we want to get in the first iteration.
This obviously comes after app purchasing and I'd still need to align
it to other priorities to figure out when it could land, but I
wouldn't expect this to be exposed to developers this year, unless the
priority for it is raised drastically.

>  - Where will the lion share of work happen?

Most of the work I think will need to happen in SCA, exposing apis
that mediate with Ubuntu Pay and keeps track of purchased content that
it may or may not be delivering (virtual content vs downloads).
There's some design work to figure out how this is going to be
presented to users and developers, we should kick off that
conversation as soon as possible so it's on their ToDo.

>  - Who will own this sub-project?

Also happy to own it as I think most of the key pieces land within my domains.

--
Martin