Re: Downloadable content

Hello,

On 30.07.2013 12:30, Martin Albisetti wrote:
>>  - Where will the lion share of work happen?
>
> Most of the work I think will need to happen in SCA, exposing apis
> that mediate with Ubuntu Pay and keeps track of purchased content that
> it may or may not be delivering (virtual content vs downloads).
> There's some design work to figure out how this is going to be
> presented to users and developers, we should kick off that
> conversation as soon as possible so it's on their ToDo.

Thanks a lot for potentially taking this on and having an idea of what
would need to be done.

I don't know how fancy we'd want this to be, but up until now I thought
that some parts of this would also fall into the SDK or API domain.

It'd be nice to query for additional content, handle purchases via a
simple API, download it, store it, etc. Not sure how much work this
would be, but it would probably be nice if app developers wouldn't have
to write this from scratch every single time.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+