Re: Hardware requirements metadata

Interesting.

Just to ask this question:
Many games have two sections: "Required Hardware" and "Optimal Hardware". Will this be available too?

And how will it be handled if i check "CD drive", will a connected DVD-Burner fulfill this requirement?

Also: How do we handle attachable devices? Will I (a customer) get more Apps in my App-Center if I attach a CD-Drive via USB? And hybrid-graphics: my Intel-GPU may only support OpenGL 2.1+ (i don't know this for a fact^^) but my ATI or NVidia GPU may be high-end hardware, supporting OpenGL 4.2+

Next question: Will the results be filtered by the appstore on the local machine of the customer? Will the results be filtered at all? (we could just show the requirements. This would however end in a mess because I can't use half of the apps I found) Or will my AppCenter/AppStore/Click-Client send my private Hardware-Infos to Canonical/Ubuntu? (Serverside requirement-filtering)