Re: Summary: Planning going live

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Script for click app reviews:
> [...]
>    - requested namespace is available on the myapps entry - HAS TO
>      MATCH the namespace in the click package
>      - could be done automatically

This step is why most of the click packages in staging (and the few on
prod, too) are failing.
Both the namespace *and* the app_id (or app name) has to match.

For instance, the manifest says:
"com.ubuntu.developer.mhall119.xda-developers"

but the app id in the webservice is:
"com.ubuntu.developer.mhall119.xda-developers-app"

This passes silently thru the upload, the review process, the download
and install, and then it only fails when trying to actually start the
app, which also silently fails, and only gets logged in
~/.cache/unity-scope-click.log

So, until we have some parts of this check automated, I've asked
matiasb to add a bigger and redder warning to the upload webpage so
the developer can double check this before uploading. Something like:
"MAKE SURE THIS MATCHES THE "NAME" FIELD ON THE MANIFEST!!!"

Let's keep this in mind too when making reviews for apps.

Thanks!
--
alecu