Re: click-desktop, upstart-app-launch-desktop and AppArmor

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 17:23 -0300, Alejandro J. Cura wrote:

> unity-scope-click will get a list of installed applications with
> "click list --manifest", and build uris for each scope result like:
> "application:///home/phablet/.local/share/applications/pkgid_appid_version.desktop"

I don't think that's needed.  We're already building the desktop files
there with the desktop hook.  One of the reasons was for the application
scope.

> Some duplication may happen because unity-lens-applications will also
> be parsing the .desktop files in that same folder, so we are planning
> to de-duplicate using just one of the following:
>
>  * deduplicate on the dash, based on the application:// uri,
> priorizing results from u-s-click
>  * or, filter .desktop files on unity-lens-applications that have the
> "X-Ubuntu-Application-ID" field (meaning they are apps installed by
> click)
>
> we've not decided which method we'll use yet, so any comments are appreciated.

I don't understand where the duplication comes from.  It seems like
there should only be one entry in the user's applications directory for
each installed application.

Ted