Re: App Review Shifts

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 08/20/2013 12:43 PM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > <mailto:jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 08/16/2013 07:26 AM, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> >     > Hello everybody,
> >     >
> >     > with the appstore opening in alpha stage soon, it's important we
> figure
> >     > out how the reviews are going to take place until we have the
> process
> >     > more automated. This will be a good learning experience for us,
> what we
> >     > can automate, what common problems are, how much time it all takes
> and
> >     > where across all teams needs to be fixed to make things scale up to
> >     > bazillions of apps.
> >     >
> >     > It should be interesting to rotate the duty, take notes on
> >     >
> >     >   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppStore/Decisions/ReviewRequirements
> >     >
> >     > and collect tips, improve our review notes and script what we can
> >     > have the process automated in the near future.
> >     >
> >     > Even though automating the review process is the immediate goal,
> I'm
> >     > sure this learning experience is going to help in the larger
> project, so
> >     > SDK bits can be improved, and many other bits and pieces as well.
> >
> >     I didn't put this in the wiki, but could. I noticed when doing my
> first reviews
> >     a few things:
> >      * 'click build' creates a package which is 'Architecture: all' and
> a package
> >        name with *_all.click even if the package has compiled code (LP:
> #1214380).
> >        Seems like this might be part of the fat package discussion, but
> as it
> >        stands now, the appstore doesn't support compiled code-- eg, a
> developer
> >        could upload something for i386 but it wouldn't work on armhf.
> This seems to
> >        be planned for August based on the wiki[1]
> >

> > You should be able to add "Architecure": "armhf" into the manifest.
> >

> The click manifest supports "architecture"? This is not documented in the
> upstream documentation:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~click-hackers/click/trunk/view/head:/doc/file-format.rst

It is implemented though
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~click-hackers/click/trunk/view/head:/click/build.py#L96
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~click-hackers/click/trunk/view/head:/click/build.py#L177

Perhaps it's not the general way we want to expose arch dep packages hence
the reason it's not documented. But I am depending on it for all the apps
we need to transition (i.e.; notes, dialer, messages, camera, mediaplayer,
gallery, filemanager, terminal, ...)

Cheers