Re: Uninstalling apps: is app currently running?

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 12:28:58PM -0500, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> On 09/05/2013 10:26 AM, Colin Watson wrote:
> > click is still in Python; I plan to rewrite it in C for 14.04, I think,
> > but for 13.10 I'm a bit too dependent on rapid prototyping.  I guess
> > that would mean I'd need either upstart-app-launch-tools or Python
> > bindings to libupstart-app-launch.
>
> FYI, click-apparmor 0.1.2 (also in python) uses python's 'ctypes' to use the
> libnih-dbus C API. You may already know about it, but I didn't and was shocked
> at how easy it was to use.

Mm, right, thanks.  I do know about ctypes but it gives me the willies -
in particular I'm concerned that it doesn't offer much in the way of
protection against API/ABI changes.  For long-established libraries like
libnih-dbus that's perhaps fine, but I'd be more nervous about it for
something new and rapidly evolving.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]