Re: Tooling got my app rejected

On 09/10/2013 08:52 AM, Rick Spencer wrote:
> I wrote about a 20 line application. It got rejected because

> The nitpick would be:
>     "desktop_Comment_boilerplate (FateDice)": "Comment uses SDK
> boilerplate 'My project description'"
>
> These were both caused by the tools, not by me as a developer. We must
> ensure that we do not throw up roadblocks like this for users.
>
> 2. I actually wanted to set a description but couldn't find out where.
> At a minimum, failing to set the description should not cause the
> upload to fail. Ideally, I would be prompted to include a description
> if the web site detects that there is not one. Thoughts?

This warning was for the .desktop file and I don't think the SDK currently
provides a wizard interface for updating the desktop file.

It could conceivably use the description field from the manifest, but that might
be too wordy because the manifest should have a meaningful description so users
can decide if the app does what they want.

I thought the Comment of the desktop file might be used by Unity and somehow
user facing. If it isn't, maybe we can just remove the Comment field from the
SDK template entirely and side-step this issue.