Re: App name unicity

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 5:53 AM, David Barth <david.barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rightfully so, you noted in the review process that a similar app/wrapper
> existed. And I feel that this manual control provision is what should
> safeguard the store.

So, just to note that manual reviewing is going away, as it does not
scale in any reasonable way. There will be no human eyes on app
submissions soon, and we will have to rely on automated checks.

Exposing more clearly the origin of the software in the UI is the way
to go here, paired with the ability for users to report abuse so we
can manually review, as well as a good mechanism for trademark owners
to request take-downs.

James, Alecu, this is on your plate now then?  (exposing the author of
the apps in both the index and the dash)

--
Martin