Defining new app categories

Hello everybody,

over the weekend I saw a bunch of webapps coming in and I thought that
it might be worth rethinking our list of app categories again. Many of
the current ones come from the world of traditional apps.

Apps which fulfil tasks like "show me events in my city" or "show the me
TV programme" or "show me how to get from A to B using public transport"
or "give me my tech news" mostly just fit into "Accessories" right now,
so browsing apps per category is not going to get very useful.

Could we borrow a list of app categories from somewhere else? Was this
discussed anywhere else up until now?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+

Follow ups