Re: [Ubuntu-phone] framework 14.04, compatibility and testing

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 02:42:51PM +0100, Alexander Sack wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Sergio Schvezov
> <sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The click documentation refers to 'ubuntu-sdk-13.10' as an example
> > framework[2] so I'm guessing they might have been intended as one of the
> > same, although it might have changed and the sdk might just be one part of
> > the framework; but since it's in ubuntu-sdk-libs it probably isn't.
>
> TBH, it's the first time I hear about "framework" used as a term. What
> on top of our SDK and autopilot is part of our "framework" right now?

"Framework" is a technical term used by click: it refers to the set of
packages that a click package implicitly depends on by way of the
"framework" key in its manifest.

> Maybe we could move autopilot into our larger SDK story and get away
> without the term "framework" alltogether?

No, it's a settled part of the file format.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]