Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Multiple frameworks for apps

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:21:00PM +0100, Alexander Sack wrote:
>> How do we find and define what the "sane" combinations are?
>
> That's trivial - we can start by saying that you only get to use
> combinations with the same prefix, e.g. "ubuntu-sdk-14.04*".  Those will
> presumably just be broken down from what might previously have been
> declared as "ubuntu-sdk-14.04", so are clearly a sane combination.
>
> I don't think any of this should block click 0.4.14.  What frameworks
> you want to declare is up to you(r team); if you want to just declare
> "ubuntu-sdk-14.04" then that's fine by me and click will behave as
> before.   I just want to have the support in place so that if and when
> you need this (I predict it's "when", since this is something I've
> already been asked for several times) then I don't have to scramble to
> enable it in the package manager.

Sounds fine if the "old" way is still supported, let's just be careful
with opening up these option for adoption by the app devs.

Q: does the click package manager also take care of disabling apps
that are incompatible after you get an image update that stops
shipping a specific framework version?