Re: Recommended results with empty searches

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Martin Albisetti
<martin.albisetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to propose we add to empty search results the possibility for
> the server to return "related apps".
>
> We can change over time what the server uses to calculate what to
> return, we just need to agree what the changes to the API would be,
> and make sure the server and the client can represent this.
>
> On the server side, Fabian is ready and eager to work on this.
>
> Who can pick up the scope side of things, help define the API and make
> this change?

o/
We discussed something like this during the scopes sprint, and the
simplest way seems to be a new optional field, added to each result
item, that specifies if the result is part of the main set of results,
or is part of the "related apps".
It could be something like "related: true", or "category: related".
Would that be enough?

Mike: do we want to specify some other text for that group of results?
I'd love to see some design for this.

cheers,
--
alecu