Re: Minimizing icon and screenshot transfer size

Hi,

on the appstore web UI we have the same issue. Stephen mentioned this as
something we must fix before release as this affects overall performance
and UX. One of the ideas we discussed was to have "something" resizing (and
caching) the images upon request. This "something" is probably a)
devportal/sca to resize images it serves based on the requested size , or
(maybe better) b) a tiny new service that *only* does image resizing on
demand, and the caching part can be done by a squid server in front of the
image resizer service.