Re: Minimizing icon and screenshot transfer size

On 22/04/14 00:09, Alejandro J. Cura wrote:
So, there seems to be room for improvement if the scope would pass the
desired size in pixels of Icons and Screenshots when making webcalls,
and if the server would take that as a hint to return urls to resized
images.

We've been talking about this a couple of times, the issue is that the sizes are not known beforehand, afterall the scope is defining how big the icons should be when it creates a category, and we didn't want back-and-forth communication between the scope and the dash just to figure out what is the proper icon size. Of course there are tricks we could do to supply the scope with approximated sizes beforehand, or do it the other way around - have the scope define urls for icons with different sizes and unity would pick one when it's rendering it (or even mix of the two).

Michal