Re: Where should the authoritative list of frameworks live?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I prefer a URL to a web service otherwise the click-reviewers-tools are back in
> the same position as we were before that we've been trying to get out of:
> dependent on a package that gets out of data or needs to be SRUed. I like the
> idea of the bzr branches that are currently implemented. Why not something like:
>
>  lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-framework-data/master
>
> Then we put frameworks.json and apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu.json in there. It
> should probably include a README file for what these are being used for.
>
> We can then point everything at (note, be sure to use 'https' here):
> https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-framework-data/master/view/head:/frameworks.json
> https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu-framework-data/master/view/head:/apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu.json

I also cheated and followed up on IRC with Jamie:

< jdstrand> beuno: fyi, I was opposed to a package. I don't care if it
is a bzr branch or some other url. I do think it should be easy for
people to update

And I agree with him.
Given that, and that Loic doesn't have a strong preference, I would
like to propose that we settle on a web service.
I'll document the details, but it would be something like:
- https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/click/frameworks{apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu}.json
has the authoritative list of every framework that has ever existed
and it's state
- There will be a simple page with ACLs based on a Launchpad team
(likely ~myapps-reviewers) that can CRUD this data

If I get enough +1's, I'll make it happen within the next 2 weeks
(first the URL returning the data, then the nice UI to edit it, in the
mean time, I can edit from an admin).

--
Martin