Re: Tracking overrides in the review scripts

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> [...]
>         "security_template_valid (payui.json)":
>           "(MANUAL REVIEW) 'unconfined' not allowed",
>         "lint_hooks_redflag_payui":
>           "(MANUAL REVIEW) 'pay-ui' not allowed"
>       },
>       "warn": {}
>     }
>   },
>   "com.bq.super-contacts":
>   {
>     "reviewer": "dholbach",
>     "date": "2014-09-07",
>     "note": "Special (official) contacts App from BQ. Necessarily needs
> access
> to global contacts",
>     "vendor": "BQ",
>     "overrides": {
>       "error": {
>         "security_policy_groups_safe_contacts (super-contacts.json)":
>           "(MANUAL REVIEW) reserved policy group 'contacts': vetted
> applications
> only"
>       },
>       "warn": {}
>     }
>   },
>   "com.ubuntu.music":
>   {
>     "reviewer": "popey",
>     "date": "2014-09-07",
>     "note": "Unconfined ok per jdstrand, but should move to confined with
> music-files-read policy group in the future",
>     "overrides": {
>       "error": {
>         "security_template_valid (apparmor.json)":
>           "(MANUAL REVIEW) 'unconfined' not allowed"
>       },
>       "warn": {
>         "lint_click_local_extensions":
>           "found unofficial extensions: x-source, x-test"
>         }
>       }
>     }
>   },
>   "com.ubuntu.developer.jdstrand.permy":
>   {
>     "reviewer": "popey",
>     "date": "2014-09-07",
>     "note": "App permissions viewer-- requires access to click security
> json.
> Should not include networking",
>     "overrides": {
>       "error": {
>         "security_redflag_fields (permy.json)":
>           "found redflagged fields (needs human review): read_path"
>       },
>       "warn": {}
>     }
>   },
>   "com.ubuntu.developer.foo.bar":
>   {
>     "reviewer": "jdstrand",
>     "date": "2014-09-07",
>     "note": "Uses global contacts list in read only. Code review shown to
> abuse
> access. New code should be verified this is still true.",
>     "requires_new_review": true,
>     "overrides": {
>       "error": {
>         "security_policy_groups_safe_contacts (apparmor.json)":
>           "(MANUAL REVIEW) reserved policy group 'contacts': vetted

All of this sounds pretty reasonable, however I'm now somewhat confused. I
think we're talking about different things here. So to disambiguate,

1. the process is to override errors so to not automatically reject, but
force a manual review, and *not* to override errors to allow an automatic
approval, right?
2. the json data proposed in this thread, where does that live? does this
belong in each click package metadata? is this the json returned by the
click-reviewers-tools scripts?