Audio testing at linux conferences...

One of the things the kernel team has started doing
is going to linux conferences and running tests on
attendees systems.

We create a bootable usb drive with the latest live
image and some checkbox tests. We make these available
to conference attendees to boot their systems with,
run the tests and we gather the test results and log
files. We then bring the data back and see if there
are common issues that we need to address.

Our plans are to continue to do this and to extend
our tests. We are also working to put the results into
some kind of database.

There are some audio tests that get run as part of
this testing. You can see some of them by running
System->Administration->System Testing.

If there are tests that you'd like to see performed
as part of this or if there are logs that you'd like
to see captured please let me know. I do plan to have
the "alsa-info.sh" script added.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.canonical.com