Re: Audio testing at linux conferences...

[Adding marc tardif to cc]

Brad Figg wrote:
> There are some audio tests that get run as part of
> this testing. You can see some of them by running
> System->Administration->System Testing.
>
> If there are tests that you'd like to see performed
> as part of this or if there are logs that you'd like
> to see captured please let me know. I do plan to have
> the "alsa-info.sh" script added.

Most of alsa-info.sh is already included in checkbox/apport bug reports.

One thing I thought of is that perhaps the order of the audio tests in
checkbox is not optimal. We start out with a recording->playback test,
so if that fails, we do not know if playback works. If we would have
started out with a playback test only, and people would report that the
recording->playback test failed, we could conclude that it was the
recording part that failed, not the playback part.

// David