Re: Audio Session @ Platform Sprint

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Brad Figg <brad.figg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  1. How does everyone feel about the current state of audio (alsa
>     as well as pulse) in Lucid?

Relatively, much better than previous Ubuntu releases; we have a
handle on both userspace and kernelspace gotchas.

David already outlined a few userspace issues, but I'd like to point
out that we should merge Jaroslav's latest work to eliminate duplicate
wakeups in the kernelspace pcm layer.

>  2. Should we be anticipating the need/desire of an audio LBM right
>     from the start?

Absolutely. Hardware enablement is such a (losing) race against the
release clock.

>  3. How do we get a handle on our audio bugs? What should we be doing
>     w.r.t. bugs that we are not doing now?

Honestly we should be much more aggressive with closing/rejecting bug
reports. The polite way is to ask people to confirm their hardware is
working using a c-o-d usb tester build (ala Manoj's).

Best,
-Dan