Re: Helping with the Ubuntu Audio Development Team

Brad Figg wrote:

> Yazen,
>
> I do have some thoughts on that. First, I'd like all the audio pages
> to be rooted at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio (so any new pages would
> be http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/<new page>). Next, I'm going for specific,
> one solution per wiki page write-ups. Ultimately, I'd like some kind
> of intelligent, question and answer flow to help people help themselves
> diagnose and resolve issues. Does that make sense or just rambling :-)?
>
> Once we have the problems and tests and possible solutions written up
> I'd like to code them up into scripts which users can easily run. These
> will make small adjustments to their audio configuration and walk them
> through testing if the adjustments fixed their issue or not.

Don't forget about "ubuntu-bug audio", which is trying to do just that,
i e check for common errors and inform the user about how to correct
them. In addition, if it does not find a common error, it allows the
user to file a bug accordingly.

It only does volume checks and some Pulseaudio-default-sink checks at
the moment, but I would like to enhance it as we figure out more common
errors (and I - or somebody else - has the time).

// David