Re: 0.9.22 of PulseAudio

2010-09-01 12:13, Colin Guthrie skrev:
> 'Twas brillig, and David Henningsson at 01/09/10 10:43 did gyre and gimble:
>> 2010-09-01 09:39, Colin Guthrie wrote (in the PA mailing list):
>>> Spoke briefly to to Lennart, I think he was generally up for some kind
>>> of release, but we'll wait for a couple weeks when F15 beta freeze hits
>>> and thus his systemd work will be paused for a while at least and he can
>>> focus some of his time back on PA :)
>>
>> Hmm, that will not be optimal for Ubuntu. Given that we won't see a
>> release in the upcoming week, I think it would make sense to take a
>> snapshot of stable-queue now, or possibly when the rewind patch is in,
>> and use that for Maverick. Do you agree?
>
> That's certainly what I'm ultimately pushing out as updates for stable
> distros based on 0.9.21 anyway (I too want to wait for your rewind patch
> before doing the next update here tho). For our dev distro, I just
> pretty much ship stable-queue at all times anyway.
>
> What I could cheekily do is bundle up a tarball that we can all call
> 0.9.22rc1 then you can use that for Maverick. Presumably you can then
> "update" it to the "official" 0.9.22 without any political problems of
> version bumps etc? That said, I'm not sure of the rules you have so even
> that may not be permitted.

Sorry for the late reply, I had some (self-caused) mail problems.

I think it would be great if we had an 0.9.22rc1 because it would give
the (pre)release a common name. Whether we then update to 0.9.22 or not
would depend on if they are any patches with regression potential in it
or not.

Thanks for your help! It is truly appreciated.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic