Re: /sbin/alsa-utils, and other things

On 2011-02-01 21:13, Daniel Chen wrote:
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 6:20 AM, David Henningsson
<david.henningsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
* My pulse-mixer patch hasn't received much attention from upstream yet,
although posted more than a week ago. Should I be bold and upload it to
Natty?

Yes, please.

Ok, I have now done this. This was not trouble-free as I'm still learning how to package the bzr way. Thankfully I got some help from tumbleweed on IRC who introduced me to "bzr bd-do" and also filed bug 711826. I worked around it by renaming the tarball manually.

I also tried to update pulseaudio to a new stable-queue version (as the rewind patches are in there) but I didn't really understand 1) how to make a tarball out of the current git snapshot and 2) where to put it, in order for the next person who does pulseaudio packaging to pick it up...? Luke, you recently did this, could you provide some insight here?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic