Re: Daily builds for Natty?

On 05/03/2011 05:32 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
Sorry, forgot to answer this one.

On 2011-04-29 16:22, Brad Figg wrote:
On 04/28/2011 11:04 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering whether we should add c-o-t-d builds for Natty just as
we have for Maverick and Lucid.

For the DKMS approach I'm working with, that should be up and running
real soon now even though I have been fighting more problems than
expected. That's just for the HDA modules though, but that should
cover more than 95% of the times we want to use it
anyway.

Should we maintain both versions for Natty and see which one we end up
using, or should we skip the daily c-o-t-d builds for Natty and wait
for my DKMS stuff to become available instead?

I can assist with whichever decision is made. It's pretty simple now
to keep the cotd running.

David, do you want to take over cotd completely?

Yes and no...I'm more into audio, but you're more into kernel building ;-)
I think you know better than I do how all of this is built up, and in addition, I think this requires build resources...?
Anyway, if you can set up the Natty cotd builds I'll be happy as I'm about to be busy with conferences this week. Next week is UDS and as we're both there, we could discuss this further then.

Btw, as for the DKMS builds, I hope they build fine for both Maverick and Natty, and end up in ppa:diwic/dkms on Thursday, when launchpad has promised me a build slot [1] :-/
Once it has built and tested a little there it should move over to ubuntu-audio-dev.

I threw something together real quick and uploaded it. If someone could test it
after it builds, I'd appreciate it.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.canonical.com