Re: Pulse 3.0 and getting QA testing sorted.

On 01/10/2013 10:21 PM, Luke Yelavich wrote:
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 09:40:17PM EST, David Henningsson wrote:
On 01/07/2013 06:49 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
[Adding ubuntu-audio-dev to CC]

On 01/06/2013 11:55 PM, Luke Yelavich wrote:
Hi David, hope you had a refreshing break.
I'm about to talk to the QA community folks to get some pulse 3.0
testing done before we put it into Raring, but before I do, is there
anything else you have queued for the pulses 3.0 package? I've already
updated the bzr repo for 3.0. If nothing else is pending from your
end, I'll pop it into the Ubuntu-audio-dev PPA and sort out the
testing callout.

Here is the stuff I remember on the top of my head:

  - Talk to Sjoerd about the multi-arch stuff, again: I think what I'm
doing is right but I don't like us diffing from Debian in this matter.
This should be fixing bug 1078543, but it would be nice with a
confirmation that it actually does.

  - There is a patch to 3.0 that needs to go in:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?h=stable-3.x&id=299e32b767ac60ddbaa747cd03c09b780e364637

  - The webrtc stuff. Upstream really wants us to take it (for better
echo cancelling), but it requires a MIR for webrtc. So I figured that
I'd try it myself to see if I noticed any difference, but when I tried
to get it running, empathy crashed (or malfunctioned in some way) so I
couldn't test it. I'm leaning towards that we remove the webrtc stuff
again until we actually get a demand for it. (Right now, there isn't
even a bug for it, so it does not look like strong demand from our users.)

I have now added the patch to 3.0 and (temporarily?) removed webrtc,
so please go ahead and organise testing. Thanks!

Will do. I am also setting up a fresh raring environment to test the fix for bug #1078543 as well.

Thanks! I suspect that bug 1078543 only shows up on upgrades from a previous release though.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic