Re: Ubuntu touch and audio on the nexus 7.

Helps if I attach the UCM file.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 01:18:20PM EST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> Resending, forgot to include David and the audio-dev mailing list.
>
> Hey folks.
> I've been playing around with pulse etc on the nexus 7, and can get audio working with the following changes:
> * Disable the android audio system ALSA plugin, and its use in pulse.
> * Change some mixer settings as shown in the attach UCM config file, although we need not use UCM, we could do the same thing with a Pulseaudio audio profile.
> * Unmute audio in the indicator, one extra step needed for Pulse, again a proper audio profile should fix thissss.
>
> I also filed bug #1198058 about the android audio system ALSA plugin causing multiple pulseaudio processes to be spawned, even if spawning is disabled in /etc/pulse/client.conf. I'm assuming that the android audio ALSA plugin works on other hardware, so it probably can't be backed out wholesale at the moment, but it would be nice to figure a way to back it out for the neuxs 7, so audio can work on touch images for that hardware.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Luke
# UCM configuration for tegra-rt5640

ValueDefaults {
  PlaybackCTL "hw:1"
  CaptureCTL "hw:1"
}

SectionDefaults [
		exec "echo Im setting defaults for tegra-rt5640"
		cdev "hw:tegrart5640"
		cset "name='Speaker Playback Switch' off"
		cset "name='DAC Switch' on"
		cset "name='ADC Switch' on"
		cset "name='Int Spk Switch' on"
]