Re: PulseAudio 5 package merging, and armhf test packages.

On 2014-11-24 04:23, Luke Yelavich wrote:
Hey folks.
I've finished the merge of the packaging, which didn't turn out to be as bad as I had thought. Test packages for amd64 and i386 as well as the source can be found in ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/pulse-testing for vivid. The PPA is enabled for armhf, however due to Launchpad's PPA armhf setup, the armhf debs FTBFS at the moment.

For now, I have built them by hand and uploaded them to http://people.canonical.com/~themuso/pulse-5.0-armhf-vivid should you be interested in testing them. Pulse 5 has bluez support, however I have no idea how well that works with the touch bluetooth stuff, although I did manage to port our bluetooth patches to pulse 5 during the package merge.

Since Debian has enabled the test suite, I have ntoiced on a couple of occasions that the test suite randomly fails on armhf in the htread test. It worked for the occasion when I uploaded the above linked debs, so not sure what is going on.

I am going to work on having Pulse 6 RC debs available shortly for testing as well.

Thanks for working on this!

The desktop team has requested that we upload Pulse 6 RC ASAP to https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ubuntu/bluez5
...in order to test the Bluez 5 transition.

Is this something you can do? Given that you have already started working on the Pulse 6 packages and that I believe you have access to the ppa (which I probably don't).

Thanks in advance,

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic