Re: PulseAudio 5 package merging, and armhf test packages.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 7:26 AM, David Henningsson
<david.henningsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2014-11-24 04:23, Luke Yelavich wrote:
>>
>> Hey folks.
>> I've finished the merge of the packaging, which didn't turn out to be as
>> bad as I had thought. Test packages for amd64 and i386 as well as the source
>> can be found in ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/pulse-testing for vivid. The PPA is
>> enabled for armhf, however due to Launchpad's PPA armhf setup, the armhf
>> debs FTBFS at the moment.
>>
>> For now, I have built them by hand and uploaded them to
>> http://people.canonical.com/~themuso/pulse-5.0-armhf-vivid should you be
>> interested in testing them. Pulse 5 has bluez support, however I have no
>> idea how well that works with the touch bluetooth stuff, although I did
>> manage to port our bluetooth patches to pulse 5 during the package merge.
>>
>> Since Debian has enabled the test suite, I have ntoiced on a couple of
>> occasions that the test suite randomly fails on armhf in the htread test. It
>> worked for the occasion when I uploaded the above linked debs, so not sure
>> what is going on.
>>
>> I am going to work on having Pulse 6 RC debs available shortly for testing
>> as well.
>
> Thanks for working on this!

Great, saw you also updated the patches we currently have for touch,
thanks for that!

Should be able to give this a try on touch later this week, and let
you know how it goes.

> The desktop team has requested that we upload Pulse 6 RC ASAP to
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ubuntu/bluez5
> ...in order to test the Bluez 5 transition.
>
> Is this something you can do? Given that you have already started working on
> the Pulse 6 packages and that I believe you have access to the ppa (which I
> probably don't).

While we should work on getting latest Pulse with latest Bluez5, what
do you guys think about trying to first land latest Pulse on vivid and
then integrating it with Bluez5?

At least with that we can probably test Pulse itself a bit more,
before we land latest Bluez in the archive.

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo