Re: PulseAudio 5 package merging, and armhf test packages.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 09:50:21PM AEDT, David Henningsson wrote:

> On 2014-11-26 04:08, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 06:18:04PM AEDT, Didier Roche wrote:
> >>If Luke is going to do it, can we have it quickly? The whole bluetooth work
> >>for this cycle is blocking on this.
> >
> >Ok, its in ppa:ubuntu-desktop/bluez5. I'm working on building some armhf packages of both bluez5 and pulse for those who feel up to testing on touch as well, however bluez5 seems to be misbehaving on armhf, at least on real hardware and in a chroot when built by hand. The libdir argument is being given twice to the configure script. I'll ahve a dig to see if I can work out what is going on.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> When testing your package today, I found out I want to patch the packaging a
> little, namely I want to change autospawning so that PulseAudio starts by
> default - 6.0RC defaults to systemd socket activation only, and we haven't
> switched vivid over to systemd yet.
> (I e, just set "autospawn=yes" in /etc/pulse/client.conf.)

Ok, I'll upload a change to the PPA to fix that.

> But with the recent consolidation of Debian/Ubuntu packaging for PulseAudio,
> I couldn't find the branch to commit to (if there is one yet?). Could you
> advise me?

I currently have it sitting in a git branch here in the pkg-pulse debian packaging git tree. I'll push it to the pulseaudio-5 bzr branch, lp:~ubuntu-audio-dev/pulseaudio/pulseaudio-5 for now, but we need to decide what we want to do re packaging going forward, particularly if it helps with cherry-picking patches back and forth to/from Debian.

Luke