Re: [mrooney@xxxxxxxxx: Re: catterly wants to join]

Brian Murray wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:46:04PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
Here is the latest application to the Bug Control team.

----- Forwarded message from Mike Rooney <mrooney@xxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:24:52 -0400
From: Mike Rooney <mrooney@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: catterly wants to join

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/checkgmail/+bug/201555 is a
bug which I experienced and found and confirmed. I would mark this as
Medium important if I could because gmail is a pretty widely used
service, and this bug renders checkgmail unusable to anyone but a
power user who can figure out what package to manually install. If you
have a minute, I wouldn't mind advice on what I could do next to help
this bug along, since it seems like a fairly simple issue.

This looks good to me however I'd like to see more information about the
version of packages affected rather than "up to date Hardy Beta".  That
might just be a pet peeve of mine though.

I wonder if perhaps this bug ought be a duplicate of bug 68671 rather than the other way round. This bug has two issues, one of which is described in bug 68671 and one in 151226. Makes sense to me to close that one and keep the latter two.

Hopefully all of this has been sufficient. Thanks, let me know if I
can provide you with any more information, and I look forward to
becoming more involved in Ubuntu!

I think his work looks great and would approve his application.  Does
anyone else have any comments or opinions?

Looks good to me (I can't remember if I have a say in this though!)

Dean