Bug Control application criteria

As I mentioned earlier as a part of the group review process I wanted to
discuss the criteria used for evaluating an application to the Bug
Control team.  To start the discussion I'll list the things I like to
see in an application[0].  I'm really most interested in the five bugs
that they provide in their application as their answers for the first
four questions are generally the same.

Criteria in no particular order:

1) I really haven't seen as many applicants providing an importance for
any Undecided bug reports in their application.  I'd like to make this
an immediate bounce of the application.

2) Are they respectful and tactful when communicating with bug reporters
and developers?

3) Are their comments detailed and do they explain their actions?  This
is particularly important when marking duplicates or converting bugs to
a question.  Bugs can also be a useful place to educate people about bug
work.

4) Are they following the debugging procedures for a package or
subsystem?  It'd be really neat to find out if they've updated any
debugging pages too.

5) Have they modified any bug descriptions and bug titles?  This is an
underperformed action, in my opinion, which is quite helpful.

6) Have they added any bug watches?  Just linking to an upstream report
is quite helpful.

7) Have they forwarded any bugs upstream?  I mean registered in an
upstream tracker and reported the bug there.

Additionally, I've written a python script for parsing a bugs mailing
list mbox for messages from a particular person.  Here is some example
output:

Brian Murray added tags: 40
Brian Murray marked as duplicate: 30
Brian Murray assigned to package: 28
Brian Murray unmarked as duplicate: 28
Brian Murray confirmed: 25
Brian Murray incompleted: 24
Brian Murray invalidated: 22
Brian Murray titles modified: 8
Brian Murray descriptions modified: 8
Brian Murray fix released: 5
Brian Murray added bug watches: 2

The absolute numbers themselves aren't important, nobody will match
Pedro ;), but what I find interesting is the types of actions that
people have performed.  I've started using this to clean up the older
pending members of team just by looking for inactivity.  I'd be happy to
distribute the script or add numbers when applications come in.

Again I welcome any comments and your opinions.

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com