Re: Bug Control application criteria

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:02:43PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> As I mentioned earlier as a part of the group review process I wanted to
> discuss the criteria used for evaluating an application to the Bug
> Control team.  To start the discussion I'll list the things I like to
> see in an application[0].  I'm really most interested in the five bugs
> that they provide in their application as their answers for the first
> four questions are generally the same.
>
> Criteria in no particular order:
>
> 1) I really haven't seen as many applicants providing an importance for
> any Undecided bug reports in their application.  I'd like to make this
> an immediate bounce of the application.
>
> 2) Are they respectful and tactful when communicating with bug reporters
> and developers?
>
> 3) Are their comments detailed and do they explain their actions?  This
> is particularly important when marking duplicates or converting bugs to
> a question.  Bugs can also be a useful place to educate people about bug
> work.
>
> 4) Are they following the debugging procedures for a package or
> subsystem?  It'd be really neat to find out if they've updated any
> debugging pages too.
>
> 5) Have they modified any bug descriptions and bug titles?  This is an
> underperformed action, in my opinion, which is quite helpful.
>
> 6) Have they added any bug watches?  Just linking to an upstream report
> is quite helpful.
>
> 7) Have they forwarded any bugs upstream?  I mean registered in an
> upstream tracker and reported the bug there.

Since there didn't seem to be any other criteria I've added the above to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl.  I'd imagine we might add more
things when everyone starts reviewing applications and has a better idea
of what they want to see!

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com