Re: Bug Control Application Process

> > > After the application is received two or three positive endorsements of
> > > the applicant will be required for their approval in the team.
> >
> > Yes a vote of majority is enough there (being 2 votes now).
>
> A majority of what?  The Bug Control team has about 100 members at the
> moment.

I think Pedro was referring to the current three administrators for the
bug-control, and he did not realise you were proposing "power to the
people".

I would like to propose a slightly different approach:

* any three can approve, but bug-control administrators have veto power.
.
* bug-control decisions are final (but subject to explanation if
requested).

> > > Additionally, the review process should be limited to a one week
> > > (calendar) period after the application has posted to the mailing list.

What happens after one week of no response? Approval by fiat? Or should
bug-control administration act?

This is actually a good point. I suggest we propose that candidates
should be present in the #ubuntu-bugs -- this will hopefully allow for
interaction between candidates and others. This should help on receiving
reviews.

Thank you Brian and Pedro.

..hggdh..