Re: Integration with Brainstorm

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:17:50 +0100
Sense Hofstede <sense@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When people suggest something new in a bug, we close the bug and point
> them at the documentation explaining what to do with your ideas.
> At the moment the policy seems to be to let the reporter open a
> specification. However, I think it would be much better to encourage
> people to place their idea at Brainstorm and discuss it there before
> writing such a technical document as a blueprint. It would also make
> them feel like there is being listed better to them, since there are
> rarely responses to invalid blueprints, most of the time their status
> stays New.
>
> I suggest to adapt the policy and documentation to let the Bugsquad
> point people at Brainstorm rather than at LP Blueprints.
>
> Regards,

I thought we already point them at Brainstorm per
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses . I have never asked any
reporter to do a blueprint. Perhaps it is just a matter of getting
re-acquainted with the bugsquad documentation.

I have noted an increasing number of people confirming bugs with no
knowledge that any guidance exists for them. Perhaps we simply need to
advertise the Bugsquad docs, starting with
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs .

--
Charlie Kravetz