Re: seropith wants to join

Brian Murray wrote:
> Thanks for your interest in joining the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  As
> part of the application process we need to ensure that the following
> criteria are met.
>
> 1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu?  Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

I will remain polite at all times, regardless of the bug or exchange
in the bug tracker, answer tracker, IRC, or anywhere else Ubuntu.  I
have signed the Code of conduct here
https://launchpad.net/~seropith/+codesofconduct

> 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
> Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?  Do you have any questions about
> that documentation?

I have reviewed and understand that documentation.  At this time, I
have no questions.
> 3) What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public?  See Bugs/HowToTriage[1] for more
> information.
Usernames, passwords, banking information, CSS (or any private crypto
keys), anything personally identifiable, or items that could cause the
user or system to be exploited.
> 4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?

Ubuntu in general.  I've not become interested in a specific package,
however, I would like to work with the bugs filed against ubuntu in
general.  I can set the proper packages, ensure they have the proper
information, et cetera.  I'm not a developer, but I can help manage
the bugs.
> 5) We also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
> triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage
> process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in your list
> that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give
> it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.  Please use urls in
> your list of bugs so I can more easily find them.
>
> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment
> [2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer/+bug/350529
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/349604

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/350548

I believe this one to be a non free fglrx issue, for which I can cause
this bug to be assigned as a duplicate, but require more information
from the reporter.

I think my translation in this bug was able to assist the reporter in
resolving his issue.  I have set this one as invalid.  It is not a
bug, instead, the drive had no space.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-tools/+bug/349361

This one has enough information and I was able to reproduce it on both
my production side and testing side.  I have confirmed the bug.  It's
importance would be medium.  It affects a small population (those who
would need "Users and groups") /and/ it affects the distribution.
That package is installed on the distro by default.  It should
authenticate.

Thank you for your consideration,

Jon

Follow ups