Re: seropith wants to join

Jon wrote:

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/350530

Hmm. You did not finish with the triaging here. You correctly asked for
more information, now it's your turn to decide if this information is
enough or if you need more. Also, please state what importance you would
set here.

And please don't comment on changes you do. If someone wants to see what
has changed, he can use the activity log at the top right.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer/+bug/350529

The package seems to be wrong, fglrx-driver is the correct one. And even
if the issue is resolved with -ati, there still should be a correction
made for fglrx.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/349604

Here you try to help the user with attaching a file which contains more
information, which generally is perfectly fine. However, graphical
applications like gedit should NEVER be run with sudo, there is gksudo
for this.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/350548
>
> I believe this one to be a non free fglrx issue, for which I can cause
> this bug to be assigned as a duplicate, but require more information
> from the reporter.

For those issues, there is a stock response:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Debugging%20Xorg%20in%20general

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/349371
>
> I think my translation in this bug was able to assist the reporter in
> resolving his issue.  I have set this one as invalid.  It is not a
> bug, instead, the drive had no space.

That's ok, but generally convert those issues to questions instead so
that they can be dealt with in the answer-tracker.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-tools/+bug/349361
>
> This one has enough information and I was able to reproduce it on both
> my production side and testing side.  I have confirmed the bug.  It's
> importance would be medium.  It affects a small population (those who
> would need "Users and groups") /and/ it affects the distribution.
> That package is installed on the distro by default.  It should
> authenticate.

I remember seeing this bug before. But can't find it yet. Also, the
correct package is policykit-gnome, since that is what fails here.

I think, if you reread the documentation provided and come again in 2
weeks, i will give you a +1. Sorry to give you no better reply.

Side note: Jon is actively seeking for help in IRC and will become a
good triager in the future, I'm sure of that.

--
Andreas Moog
Berliner Str. 29

PGP-Encrypted mail preferred, please use Key-ID 0xF67089C4
Fingerprint: 7C60 6E85 F8A1 E26C 96B4 CC8D D3A1 6090 F670 89C4