Private apport crashes

Now that the final version of Jaunty is out and Karmic is in the early
stages of development apport should be reporting very few new crash
reports.  Subsequently, it seems like a great time to work on reducing
the quantity of private apport crash reports!  Private apport crashes
are only visible to a small subset of people, those in Ubuntu Bug
Control, so its best to make them public.  However, this is something
that needs to be done manually as crash reports may contain private
data.  For further information regarding the process see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage#Apport%20crash%20reports.

While private bug reports are easily identified in a bug list, by the
padlock icon, I thought it might help to have a complete list of all
private apport crashes[1].  Pedro also asked for numbers so we have a
total, 3142!, and the top 10 packages with the most private crashes at
the bottom of the page.  Let's make a concerted effort to drive this
number to 0!

http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/launchpad-database/private-apport-crashes.html

Additionally, if you happen to run across any private data please let me
know as I'm looking at these packages and how to possibly prevent the
data from being submitted.

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com