Re: primes2h wants to join

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:52:24AM +0200, Sergio Zanchetta wrote:
> 2008/7/22 Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Thanks for your interest in joining the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  As
> > part of the application process I need to ensure that the following
> > criteria are met.
> >

> Sorry for late in responding, now I have more time to spend on this.
>

> > 1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> > you or Ubuntu?  Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>

> Yes, I promise to be polite and I signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct more
> than 2 year ago.

Great, all your work seems to indicate that you are too!

> > 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
> > Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?  Do you have any questions about
> > that documentation?
>

> I don't have any question about that, I already knew those pages because
> I've been triaging bugs since 2007.
>

> > 3) What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> > report bug before making it public?  See Bugs/HowToTriage[1] for more
> > information.
>

> I need to look for passwords, things that look like bank account numbers,
> CSS keys or other similar objects in stacktrace.txt attachment.
> If there aren't anything of that in it I can set the bug as public.

Its not just the stacktrace.txt attachment, python crashes have a
traceback.txt attachment or if its really short it'll show up in the
description itself.

> > 4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> > interested in helping out with?
>

> I usually focus on desktop packages to improve the desktop user experience,
> but at the same time I report bugs wherever they come up.
>

> > 5) I also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
> > triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage
> > process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in your list
> > that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give
> > it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.  Please use urls in
> > your list of bugs so I can more easily find them.
>

> For example you can see some of bugs I triaged after edgy reached EOL here:
> (at least those still open)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/~primes2h/+bugs?field.searchtext=edgy&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=

Looking at some of your the bugs you've commented on everything seems in
order.

> About bug importance, I would set this one as "low": (this is not present in
> the above list)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mobile-broadband-provider-info/+bug/334345

After reviewing your application I happy to approve your membership in
the Bug Control team.  Welcome!

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com