Re: primes2h wants to join

2008/7/22 Brian Murray <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Thanks for your interest in joining the Ubuntu Bug Control team.  As
> part of the application process I need to ensure that the following
> criteria are met.

Sorry for late in responding, now I have more time to spend on this.

> 1) Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu?  Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

Yes, I promise to be polite and I signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct more
than 2 year ago.

> 2) Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage[0], Bugs/Assignment[1] and
> Bugs/Importance[2] at wiki.ubuntu.com?  Do you have any questions about
> that documentation?

I don't have any question about that, I already knew those pages because
I've been triaging bugs since 2007.

> 3) What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public?  See Bugs/HowToTriage[1] for more
> information.

I need to look for passwords, things that look like bank account numbers,
CSS keys or other similar objects in stacktrace.txt attachment.
If there aren't anything of that in it I can set the bug as public.

> 4) Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?

I usually focus on desktop packages to improve the desktop user experience,
but at the same time I report bugs wherever they come up.

> 5) I also need to see a list of five or more bugs which you have
> triaged.  These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage
> process and how to properly handle bugs.  If there is a bug in your list
> that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give
> it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control.  Please use urls in
> your list of bugs so I can more easily find them.

For example you can see some of bugs I triaged after edgy reached EOL here:
(at least those still open)
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/~primes2h/+bugs?field.searchtext=edgy&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=

About bug importance, I would set this one as "low": (this is not present in
the above list)
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mobile-broadband-provider-info/+bug/334345

> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment
> [2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance
>
> Thanks again for your interest in joining the team and I look forward to
> hearing from you.
>
> Sincerely,
> --
> Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com