Re: Bug Control Application (updated)

On Wed, 13 May 2009 19:09:24 +0000
Roy Jamison <xteejx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> Yes I do, and I have signed the Code of Conduct.
> Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance?  Do you have any questions about that documentation?
> I have read the required documentation on How to triage, setting
> status and importance. I have no questions on these. What sensitive
> data should you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before
> making it public?  See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information. Any
> personally identifiable information, such as email addresses, home
> addresses, phone numbers, card details, names, etc.

> Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?

> Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
> should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how
> to properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not
> have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after
> becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your
> list of bugs.
>
> I would like to expand my knowledge of Ubuntu and linux as a whole,
> and do not have any particular interest in any specific packages, but
> would rather grow and learn more about the way they work, and to help
> sort through the increasing volume of problems and bug reports we get
> every day.
>
> Examples of bugs which I have helped to work on or triaged:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/113552
>
> Medium - moderately affects core functionality (i.e. only those with
> SD card) and medium number of users

Agree, and good work (and patience).

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/216878
>
> Medium - Small impact - i.e. still works, just slow, but may be a
> problem for a lot of users

I agree. I never timed my disk, though, and I am now curious.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/231908
> (reporter never replied, marked invalid)

Correct procedure.

> Invalid - no response from originial reporter
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+bug/231128
>
> Fix Released - Is in the Ubuntu repositories

OK, although this is a workflow report, not really a bug. Please see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage#Special%20types%20of%20bugs

But we just discussed this on IRC a few hours ago, so all is OK.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/304987
>
> Medium - ACPI problem - will affect all users of this particular
> laptop, not a "severe" problem

Good work, correct procedures.

> Hope to hear some good news!
> Thanks guys!

Ah, OK ;-). +1 from me, and welcome back!

..hggdh..