Re: Applying to the team

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 13:26 +0100, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:

> > (it is amazing the amount of applicants to -control that *never* mention
> > coredumps... I am pretty sure you know this, and just forgot to point it
> > out.)
> That must be because we think of core dumps as a kind of stacktrace, since
> that's what they're used for. Also, the Wiki page is not clear about privacy
> issues related to core dumps : it only explicitly mentions stacktraces. See
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage#Apport%20crash%20reports

Thank you for this detail. I have updated the Wiki page to add in core
dumps as a privacy issue. I am considering adding a specific topic about
privacy (or linking to an existing one).

> > 2. I am not sure you stated the Importance for a single bug, or for all
> > of them. Nevertheless, given the quality of your work here, I will not
> > nitpick on it :-\
> I was only referring to the last bug of the list, which was the only not
> to have an Importance already set (as asked in the instructions).

Actually, we ask that for all bugs you list, even if they already have
Importance set. The idea is to verify your understanding of Importance,
since this is an important piece of being a bug-controller. I wrote
about it on a previous bug-control aplication -- see [1] for the thread.
It may well be that this is not as clear as it should, and we should
look at it.

Thank you for your feedback. And I hope you get set as a member of
bug-control soon.

Cheers.

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-bugcontrol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00370.html