Re: Mentors request queue

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 18:05 -0600, Mike Rooney wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:35 PM, C de-Avillez <hggdh2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 23:36 +0100, Ara Pulido wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> Do we currently have a wiki page with the list of people that requested
> >> mentorship and haven't been assigned a mentor yet?
> >>
> >> I think it would be useful, to avoid losing track.
> >>

> > No, we do not, yet. I will take care of that tomorrow (a bit tired
> > tonight).
> >

> This still requires someone taking action based on the email, it is
> just an easier step compared to responding perhaps.
>
> Could we just have this as a step on the part of the user? "Add
> yourself to the wiki and send an email to the list". The wiki table
> could have all the required information as columns, including date
> added. I think this might better accomplish the goal of not losing
> track and will put everything in one place making it easy for a mentor
> to find a mentee.
>
> Any thoughts?

While I was adding in the candidates, I thought about that -- and
rejected, thinking on easing the requirements.

Now, after having added them in (and again, and again, fixing formatting
problems), I am not so sure ;-).

Also, we expect the candidates to (eventually) help on the wiki. So, why
not start when they request mentorship?

So, yes, I am in favour. I am only not sure on making this a
requirement, perhaps just leaving it as a strong suggestion.

..C..