Re: Mentors request queue

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:08 PM, C de-Avillez <hggdh2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 18:05 -0600, Mike Rooney wrote:

>> > No, we do not, yet. I will take care of that tomorrow (a bit tired
>> > tonight).
>> >

>> This still requires someone taking action based on the email, it is
>> just an easier step compared to responding perhaps.
>>
>> Could we just have this as a step on the part of the user? "Add
>> yourself to the wiki and send an email to the list". The wiki table
>> could have all the required information as columns, including date
>> added. I think this might better accomplish the goal of not losing
>> track and will put everything in one place making it easy for a mentor
>> to find a mentee.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>

> While I was adding in the candidates, I thought about that -- and
> rejected, thinking on easing the requirements.
>
> Now, after having added them in (and again, and again, fixing formatting
> problems), I am not so sure ;-).
>
> Also, we expect the candidates to (eventually) help on the wiki. So, why
> not start when they request mentorship?
>
> So, yes, I am in favour. I am only not sure on making this a
> requirement, perhaps just leaving it as a strong suggestion.
>
> ..C..

Yes, if someone emails the list without adding themselves to the wiki
I don't suggest we ignore them :) But it will mean that by encouraging
people to add themselves to the wiki, as long as they do this it is
much harder for them to fall through the cracks and also means less
work for us/you.

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney@xxxxxxxxxx