Re: Mentorship Request - Aaron Sullivan

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 13:36 -0600, Aaron wrote:
> My name is Aaron I have read a little about getting involved in the
> Ubuntu community. I'm not real sure where to get started at and was
> hoping to have a mentor that could help me. I have been working with
> linux for about 2 to 3 years starting with Fedora and Ubuntu. I have a
> somewhat technical background that has helped me to learn quickly. I
> have my Associates in Software Applications and Programming and am
> currently working on my Bachelors in Information Security Systems. I
> live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area just west of Fort Worth, I have
> registered to attend the Developers Summit and look forward to gaining a
> good deal of knowledge while in attendance. My launchpad I.D. is
> launchpad.net/~a-s-techgeek. I want to give back to the linux community
> and hope that I can help others while learning about the development
> lifecycle.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your interest in bug triage.
Please make sure to read and understand the following wiki pages.  They
will help you get started.

 * http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
 * http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance
 * http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status

Chatting on IRC is the best (and quickest) form of
communication between bug triagers.  Please join the channel
#ubuntu-bugs on irc.freenode.net and mention you applied, then we can
get you assigned to a mentor.

Supplemental information

There is more information we need from you.
Could you please provide us with the following additional information:

 * What time zone do you live in?
 * What times (in UTC) are you available each day?
 * What are your areas of interest (e.g., Sound, Gnome, Evolution, etc)?
 * What is your IRC nickname?

Thanks,
 C de-Avillez (hggdh on irc.freenode.net)