Re: Bug Filing For Dailies

Hi,

On 11/27/2009 08:21 AM, Micah Gersten wrote:

If we can catch more bugs before before a new version of an upstream
package is released, maybe we can reduce the bugs found in our actual
release.

Indeed. I think it is a great idea to test dailies to avoid upstream bugs land in Ubuntu, but I don't think the "Ubuntu" project is the place to file those bugs. That's the only thing I disagree with.

Regards,
Ara.

Ara Pulido wrote:
Well, I think I disagree with the option "what the developer said".

A bug in Ubuntu is only a bug in the official packages of Ubuntu (not
PPAs, not backports). I think we should have a common policy for this.

Although a developer can be the main maintainer of a package, he or she
is not responsible of Ubuntu and deciding that people can file bugs
against Ubuntu for packages that are not in Ubuntu is not a decision
that should be made by the developer.

We are getting more and more bugs against Ubuntu. We, at least, should
have the certainty that they are actually bugs in Ubuntu.

What if the team in charge of the PPA created an associated project to
file the bugs against it?

Regards,
Ara.