Re: ansgar-43-1 wants to join

Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>> I (co)maintain several packages[1] in Debian and would like to look after
>> bugs filed for them in Ubuntu.  There are only a few bugs reported, so I
>> guess I won't do very much for now.
>>
>> I have signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and read the documents
>> mentioned in [2].  Most things don't look too different from Debian's
>> way, so I think I will be okay :-)  I'm not very familiar with things
>> different in Ubuntu, but as I'll mostly look after my own packages I
>> hope this won't be a large problem.

Thank you for your interest, and I am sorry I twice failed to notice
your request.

I would like to point you to [[1] as a generic linker to triaging on
Ubuntu, and [2] specifically for bug status meaning. This is specially
important, since -- for example -- a "Fix Committed" is only valid on
the Ubuntu task when the patch has either made it to an Ubuntu source
package, or the binary package has been published (on -proposed, or on
the current develpment series).

I am sure you will quickly understand the flow ;-).

Personally, I am very happy on having an upstream (co)maintainer here,
and I am all in favour of it. But -- and yes, there is a but, sorry --
we still have to follow the rules of the game. On the other hand, there
are no rules of the game for this scenario. Yet.

So, I propose that, for the time being. we accept you as a *temporary*
member of BugControl, say, for 2 months. At the end of two months one of
us will either vouch for you -- which would give you the standard
one-year membership --, or reject you -- which, obviously, will cause
your BugControl membership to terminate.

I also propose myself as the, er, auditor for your work here during this
period.

@all: let's discuss this, the sooner the better.

> It was suggested to me to send a follow-up as the original mail [a] was
> send right before the UDS.  So, here I go ;)

Very good suggestion, if I may say so.

Cheers,

..C..

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/KnowledgeBase