Re: Ubuntu Bug Control Application

JB,

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Jean-Baptiste Lallement
<jeanbaptiste.lallement@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 5.1. This first bug report is not a single report but a work on a package.
> ttf-mscorefonts-installer: The top issue tagged apport-package during
> Karmic release.
> I've cleaned up most of ttf-mscorefonts-installer issues, wrote a
> detailed analysis of the problems with this package (
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JeanBaptisteLallement/AnalysisMsttcorefontsIssues
> ), and provided a patch to fix it. The patch has been forwarded
> upstream.
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/msttcorefonts/+bug/464422
> (critical)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/msttcorefonts/+bug/431217
> (critical)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/msttcorefonts/+bug/274421
> (medium)
> ( btw, if anyone knows how to reach the debian maintainer, please ping him )
>
> 5.2. stone : stone failed to install : incorrect use of command
> substitution in postinst
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/stone/+bug/495539
> Actions:
> Reported upstream
> Provide a patch
> Patch applied upstream and in Ubuntu
>
> 5.3. Postgis : package postgis can't be purged if postgresql is not
> installed due to missing directory
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postgis/+bug/392143
> of the package under certain conditions)
> Actions:
> Confirm, change title & improve description
> Provide patch for lucid and karmic and fix FTBFS
> Upstream report and patch. Fixed upstream
>
> 5.4. grub2 : package linux-image failed to install : post-installation
> script returned error exit status 137. /usr/sbin/update-grub killed
> with SIGKILL
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/504173
> few duplicates)
> Actions:
> follow up with the user and report upstream.
>
> 5.5. texinfo: Texlive2008 install-info conflicts with system's version
> of install-info
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texinfo/+bug/295542
> common external package TexLive. Most TexLive users are experiencing
> it and reporting it to Ubuntu)
> Actions:
> Follow up, reproduce and update description.

> I would be very happy to join the team and use my background and
> experience to help to improve Ubuntu.

This work is absolutely amazing.  Some really excellent triage going
on here and the fact that you are writing patches is awesome.

Thanks for your help in bug triage!
HUGE +1 from me :D

~Brian C.

--Wernher Von Braun
"The second law of thermodynamics: If you think things are in a mess
now, JUST WAIT!!"
The Statement Below is True
The Statement Above is False