Re: Ubuntu Bug Control Application

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 09:03:47PM -0500, Brian Curtis wrote:
> JB,
>
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Jean-Baptiste Lallement
> <jeanbaptiste.lallement@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 5.1. This first bug report is not a single report but a work on a package.
> > ttf-mscorefonts-installer: The top issue tagged apport-package during
> > Karmic release.
> > I've cleaned up most of ttf-mscorefonts-installer issues, wrote a
> > detailed analysis of the problems with this package (
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JeanBaptisteLallement/AnalysisMsttcorefontsIssues
> > ), and provided a patch to fix it. The patch has been forwarded
> > upstream.
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/msttcorefonts/+bug/464422
> > (critical)
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/msttcorefonts/+bug/431217
> > (critical)
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/msttcorefonts/+bug/274421
> > (medium)
> > ( btw, if anyone knows how to reach the debian maintainer, please ping him )
> >
> > 5.2. stone : stone failed to install : incorrect use of command
> > substitution in postinst
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/stone/+bug/495539
> > Actions:
> > Reported upstream
> > Provide a patch
> > Patch applied upstream and in Ubuntu
> >
> > 5.3. Postgis : package postgis can't be purged if postgresql is not
> > installed due to missing directory
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postgis/+bug/392143
> > of the package under certain conditions)
> > Actions:
> > Confirm, change title & improve description
> > Provide patch for lucid and karmic and fix FTBFS
> > Upstream report and patch. Fixed upstream
> >
> > 5.4. grub2 : package linux-image failed to install : post-installation
> > script returned error exit status 137. /usr/sbin/update-grub killed
> > with SIGKILL
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/504173
> > few duplicates)
> > Actions:
> > follow up with the user and report upstream.
> >
> > 5.5. texinfo: Texlive2008 install-info conflicts with system's version
> > of install-info
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texinfo/+bug/295542
> > common external package TexLive. Most TexLive users are experiencing
> > it and reporting it to Ubuntu)
> > Actions:
> > Follow up, reproduce and update description.
>
> > I would be very happy to join the team and use my background and
> > experience to help to improve Ubuntu.
> >

> This work is absolutely amazing.  Some really excellent triage going
> on here and the fact that you are writing patches is awesome.
>
> Thanks for your help in bug triage!
> HUGE +1 from me :D

It's great to see you back and working on bug reports again.  I was
quite impressed by your work when I saw it last year and still am!  I
am happy to approve your membership in the team.  Thanks for helping out
and welcome to the team.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com