komputes wants to join bug-control

I would like to apply to be part of Bug Control. In fact I am applying
for the second time (last time was 4 months ago). Since then, I have
become an Ubuntu member, adopted the usb-creator package and
triaged many bugs for that project.

Being a lead contacts for my LoCo (Ubuntu-QC - Ubuntu LUG in Montreal,
Quebec) has given me the opportunity to give talks about how to
effectively report bugs, help out in BugSquad, and use launchpad.net. We
hold a weekly "Ubuntu Hour" meeting where we get to know each other and
discuss various issues concerning Ubuntu. I was one of the organizers of
the first Ubuntu-QC Global Bug Jam last year, and will be organizing the
second one this year. Being part of Bug Control would greatly help, by
allowing me to triage bugs during these events.

I would like to become a liaison between launchpad and GNOME, KDE and
Mozilla upstreams. Also involved in bugs concerning Launchpad,
Hardware, Ubuntu (testing latest dev build), and Audio/Video bugs (alsa,
pulse, X.org). I have signed the CoC and have read and understood the
documentation pertaining to Bugs (Triage, Importance, Status,
Assignment, Crash/Private Bug Handling) on wiki.ubuntu.com.

Here are some interesting bugs I have worked on (as requested):

1) Title: ubuntu-bug and apport-collect should attach .usbcreator.log
Notes: In this bug, a user requested a new feature to be added so that
usb-creator upload useful information when reporting a bug. I tested and
confirmed the issue and would mark this bug as [Triaged, Wishlist]
(because it is requesting a new feature and because the log can be
uploaded manually.)

2) Title: gnusound crashes X session immediately on launch
Notes: In this bug, many people had confirmed the issue and duplicate
had been found. I requested assistance of Bryce Harrington to let us
know if all the information needed by a developer was available. Other
users included stack traces of the crash. I have contacted the upstream
mailing list and primary developer to see if they could offer
assistance. I have also added the project to launchpad as it was unaware
of the upstream project details. I would mark this bug as [Triaged,
Medium] as it has severe impact on a non-core application.

3) Title: weird graphics with sis graphics card
Notes: In this bug, a regression was presented where artifacts and
flicker start to happen on the screen. Luckily a workaround was found
and tested and then confirmed. I followed up with the OP and
unsuccessfully tried to make contact with the main developer of the
driver for this family of video cards (no upstream bug tracker for this
one). I would mark this bug as [Triaged, Low] as it is a low impact bug
which affects hardware (which does not seem properly supported) and that
there is a workaround available. As well the fix (of loading the missing
module should that card be detected) is trivial.

In the following two bugs, many issues were reported that were not
solved in the bug itself. I'm not sure that this is exactly "Triage",
but more of a redirection of users affected by issues to specific bugs
they can comment on. These cluster-bug  collected many issues with an
application therefore they were split up into multiple "one subject"
bugs that deal with each issue individually:

4) Title: usb-creator operates on mounted filesystems, does not display
confirmation dialogs, issue warnings about data loss

5) Title: gdm 2.26 has no graphical configuration tool
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/395299

For more information on me see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/~komputes
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/komputes