Re: komputes wants to join bug-control

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM, komputes <komputes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to apply to be part of Bug Control. In fact I am applying
> for the second time (last time was 4 months ago). Since then, I have
> become an Ubuntu member, adopted the usb-creator package and
> triaged many bugs for that project.
>
> Being a lead contacts for my LoCo (Ubuntu-QC - Ubuntu LUG in Montreal,
> Quebec) has given me the opportunity to give talks about how to
> effectively report bugs, help out in BugSquad, and use launchpad.net. We
> hold a weekly "Ubuntu Hour" meeting where we get to know each other and
> discuss various issues concerning Ubuntu. I was one of the organizers of
> the first Ubuntu-QC Global Bug Jam last year, and will be organizing the
> second one this year. Being part of Bug Control would greatly help, by
> allowing me to triage bugs during these events.

+1 from me on this application. David does a great job at identifying
the real problems described in bug reports and helping reporters by
filing new bugs when necessary. He really takes ownership of the bugs
he looks at and sees that they are as complete as they could be.

He's also been greatly helpful in passing on his knowledge during the
last Ubuntu-Qc bug jam.

I believe David's presence in the team would be a great asset for
BugControl as well as the Ubuntu-Qc LoCo.

/ Matt